GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !! What a great day for Shangri-La Farm Sanctuary! Last night I received a phone call from The Ohio Coalition for Animals. I had applied for a grant from them and we GOT IT !! Ahem - drum roll please - My FIRST ever attempt at writing a grant and I must say I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished. It's for $1,000.00.They do the Horse license plate to raise funds and awareness for their non-profit which in turn gives grants to non-profits that rescue horses / ponies. If you're in Ohio please visit their website: www.horseplate.org and perhaps purchase a plate to help others in need!
Peace for all beings today,
Tatonka and Maisie have joined us at Shangri-La Farm! They were rescued from being slaughtered. Maisie is about 25 - 30 years old and Tatonka is a teenager.
Shangri-La Farm Sanctuary has reached it's capacity both financially and with barn space. Looking forward we want to expand the barn and save more lives. You're tax deductible donation will help us do that. Thank you! Peace for all beings, Shelley and Jeff
Our job is to rescue as many lives as we possibly can. Jeff and I have rescued senior dogs with disabilities for years. We are now rescuing farm animals under Shangri-La Farm Sanctuary. We provide veterinary care, shelter and lots of love. Re-homing is also one of our services if we feel that it's in the best interest of one of our rescues.
Goddard's Law, or House Bill 60, was signed by Ohio Gov. John Kasich on June 13.
Starting Tuesday, it will be a fifth degree felony to knowingly cause serious physical harm to a companion animal. This includes depriving a pet of food, water or shelter or inflicting long-term pain. This bill was signed into law in 2016. Thank you to Dick Goddard for the wonderful work he has done and continues to do. To help out you can keep in touch with your local congressperson, your local ASPCA and the Governor of your state to see what Bills might be pending or have already gone into effect to protect those that are being abused. Below are House Bills that you can choose to promote and get passed into law.
· SB232/HB433 “S/N veterinary CEUs” to allow a licensed veterinarian to receive up to two continuing education credits per biennium for performing free spaying and neutering services.
· HB319 “State Pet” to designate a shelter pet as Ohio's official pet.
· HB263/SB182 “Dining with Dogs” to generally allow an owner, keeper, or harborer of a dog to take the dog in an outdoor dining area of a retail food establishment or food service operation
· HB 523 to address the correlation between animal abuse and interpersonal violence through multi-agency cross reporting.
· HB 552 to prohibit the use of gas chambers when euthanizing a companion animal in Ohio.
You can read more about each bill by using the “Search Legislation” feature online.
THERE IS A GREAT HANDBOOK AVAILABLE FROM HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE UNITED STATES THAT LISTS ALL OHIO ANIMAL LAWS. GO TO THEIR LINK: WWW.HUMANESOCIETY.ORG
Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.
Copyright © 2019 Shangri La Farm Sanctuary - All Rights Reserved.